Patient Instruction Sheet for Conventional Colonoscopy Below are instructions on how to take your prep medications:
DIET: You may NOT eat any solid food the day before or morning of your exam. Only “clear liquids”
are allowed. AVOID DARK COLORED LIQUIDS, SUCH AS RED OR DARK PURPLE. Examples of clear liquids include water, pulp-free fruit juices such as apple juice, flavored water such as “Crystal Light” and “Gatorade”, sodas, gelatin, popsicles, hard candy, broth (bouillons), and tea (limit the amount of caffeine) with sugar or sugar substitutes (NO cream or milk).
• Stop any fiber supplements 3 days prior. Also avoid high fiber food items such as “roughage” (corn,
beans, nuts, seeds, whole grain items, onion, etc.) 3 days prior.
• Stop aspirin (Excedrin, Bayer, Ecotrin, St. Josephs, etc.), ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc.), Celebrex,
Feldene, Naproxyn (Alleve) or other NSAIDS (anti-inflammatory medications) 7 days prior. Only take Tylenol for pain, if needed.
• Stop iron supplements, or multivitamins that contain iron, 7 days prior. • Please DO continue to take your HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and HEART medications,including the morning of the procedure. (If you normally take these in the morning, please take them the morning of the procedure with sips of water before your appointment).
The Day BEFORE the Exam (Please Check as completed) Instruction
• All day (as soon as you wake up) follow a restricted diet consisting of clear liquids,
including the morning of the exam (see above for examples). AVOID RED OR DARK
PURPLE. Drink plenty of fluids throughout the day to prevent dehydration..
• Add water, flavor packets, and bottle of Mylicon to the NuLYTELY or Colyte bottle.
Mix well to completely dissolve all contents and chill in refrigerator. May use “Crystal
• Take 2 Dulcolax tablets. • Take the 2 Compazine tablets ONLY if your appt is BEFORE 9:30AM. If your appt is
AFTER 9:30AM, Compazine is not required.
z If your appt is BEFORE 9:30AM, begin drinking the NuLytely or Colyte bottle
NOW. Drink at a rate of one 8oz cup every 10 minutes. You must drink the ENTIRE
bottle and try to finish the bottle completely within 2-3 hours.
z If your appt is at 10AM & after, drink HALF the bottle NOW and save and place the
SECOND HALF in the refrigerator for the morning of the exam. Drink the SECOND
HALF 3 - 4 HOURS BEFORE DEPARTING YOUR HOME on the morning of the exam. Drink at a rate of one 8oz cup every 10 minutes.
Nothing to eat or drink (including water) 2 hours before the procedure. If you need to take
your blood pressure and/or heart medications, please take them with sips of water.
Arrive to your appointment 45 minutes prior to the Gastroenterology clinic (Room 7F, 7th
Floor of Walter Reed’s Main Hospital) with ID, “blue” outpatient registration card, medical records, and your RIDE. NO DRIVER, NO PROCEDURE!!!
Insulin: ____________________________________________________________________ Date of Procedure
Curriculum Vitae Gaetano Mancuso Via A. LOCATELLI, 2. 80038 POMIGLIANO D’ARCO (NA) +39 348.519.0192 - [email protected]; Esperienza ventennale nel Farmaceutico, prima in Area Vendite , poi in Area Recruitment e da 4 anni in Area Farmacovigilanza&Regolatorio. Attualmente ricopro la Funzione di QPPV (Qualified Person in PharmacoVigilance) Capacità nella creazione di r
P. O. Box 964 Medford, NJ 08055 [email protected] www.hopealiveclinic.org 8th Annual Hope Alive! Benefit Concert February 24 - Success Abel Civil, Hope Alive! Clinic Administrator, came up from Haiti and shared a little bit of what’s going on at the clinics and pharmacy stations. Talented musicians shared their gifts, and as always, everyone was blessed. Abel filled two large du