Microsoft word - safer stimulant use flyer.doc
I use crack (or other stimulants). What can I do to protect myself from infection?
If you smoke crack:
• Use a mouthpiece to prevent burns from the crack pipe.
o You can make a mouthpiece from a rubber spark plug cover/boot (available at local auto supply
store), or rubber bands. Place either item on the mouth end of the pipe to act as a barrier between your lips and the hot metal or glass. Also, glass pipes are usually cooler than metal.
o If you don’t have a mouthpiece, let the pipe cool down before you take your next hit.
o Using a longer pipe will cause less burns, as the temperature will be lower.
• Avoid using a cracked pipe, as cuts are a way for bacteria & viruses to get into your body. • Don’t share your mouthpiece/pipe or use anyone else’s. If you do, clean it with bleach or alcohol first. • If you don’t have a mouthpiece, use petroleum jelly or lip balm to protect your lips when smoking. • Craft a screen for your crack pipe from a small piece of household copper scrubbing pad. Mold it to fit
your pipe, and change it often to prevent it from becoming brittle and burning your mouth.
• Use condoms. Ask us about getting some today. • If you can’t use condoms, use plenty of water-based lube to reduce your risk. • Apply a drop of lube inside the tip of the condom to make it feel more natural. • Use condoms and dental dams / plastic wrap for oral sex:
o If you have burns on your lips, cuts on your lips, or the roof of your mouth is irritated from smoking crack,
avoid giving oral sex without a condom – flavored condoms are a nice option.
o If you do give oral sex without a condom, it is best for your partner not to come in your mouth. This will help
• Use new syringes – one shot for each sterile syringe – as well as new cookers, cotton filters and water. If
you can’t get new syringes, either from your local syringe/needle exchange or pharmacy, clean your syringes well with room-temperature water or bleach, flushing them at least three times.
• Prepare your shot on a clean surface, an unread section of newspaper or magazine will work. • Try to cook the crack at least 15 seconds to prevent infection. • To protect your veins, use pure ascorbic acid to dissolve crack for injection, rather than
vinegar or lemon juice. Using lemon juice can cause serious eye problems.
o Ask your local needle/syringe exchange if they have this for you. o You can also try crushing the crack between two spoons to turn it into a powder.
• If you do inject, ask for our Safer Injection Flyer, or see the safer injection guide
complete with pictures from CRA @ http://www.anypositivechange.org/bvcsi.html
• Avoid mixing it with poppers and/or Viagra, since mixing these drugs can cause overdose and heart attacks. • Plan ahead, and have plenty of condoms and water-based lube on hand if you are going to have sex. • If you are injecting, rotate your injection site, as crystal causes your veins to shrink. • Drink plenty of water for healthy veins and to avoid dehydration. • Do not muscle or skin-pop cocaine or crystal, due to the risk of abscesses. • See our Safer Injection Flyer for more information.
• Avoid sharing straws or tubes to snort cocaine or other drugs, as this can spread Hepatitis B or C. • If you do share straws or tubes, clean them with bleach or alcohol first.
Compiled by Corporate Catalyst (India) Pvt Ltd Period: September 1 – September 7, 2012 MARKET MOVEMENT Major Indices August 31, 2012 September 7, 2012 % Change Change POLICY WATCH Commerce Ministry in favour of unrestricted exports of processed foods Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor project gets approval to access ECB India seeks Japan's support for
Family 40. AMARYLLIDACEAE Revision: Geerinck, DJL. 1993. Amaryllidaceae . Flora Malesiana series 1, 11: 353-373. 1. Crinum Linnaeus Crinum asiaticum L., Sp. Pl. (1753) 292; --Merr., Fl. Manila (1912) 147; EPFP 1 (1922) 210; -- Geerinck, Fl. Males. ser. 1, 11 (1993) 359, Fig. 1. --Types from India, Malabar Coast and Sri Lanka in LINN. Indian Ocean Isls (Cocos Is, Mascarenes), India,